is a highly
versatile SBC comprised of a Z-80 microprocessor, 4 general purpose
28 pin sockets for byte-wide ROM and/or RAM chips, a Z-80 CTC
counter-timer, and a serial I/O port (UART) using Intel's 8251. A
bootstrap option is provided for loading an operating system into
main memory using an on-board PROM.
- On-board memory can be mapped in various ways to match the
memory chips selected. The mapping options are accomplished
using a PROM. The user may install his won PROM if a different
mapping is desired. However, the six mappings provided should
satisfy most users
- The serial I/O chip uses the counter-timer chip as the clock
source for both receiver and transmitter to that baud rate is
programmable by software. RS232 buffers are provided for all the
serial outputs and inputs. In an interrupt driven system, the
serial chip (8251) uses the CTC as an interrupt controller,
enabling the serial chip (8085 peripheral) to benefit from the
sophisticated Z-80 interrupt scheme.
- The CTC can also be used as an interrupt controller for
external events as well as a general purpose counter and / or
See also the SB8466 Multi-Mode Parallel
Interface card, the great Add-on to this Z-80 SBC.
SB8466 Parallel Interface Board
|The SB8466 Multi-mode parallel interface
provides STD bus systems with six 8-bit parallel I/O ports,
configurable into a combination of input and output ports.
The SB8466 supports a variety of operating modes, including
simple, strobed with interrupt, bidirectional and DMA. Three
ports can be configured with open open collector output
drivers, two ports are fixed input with buffers and resistor
pull ups, one port has bidirectional drivers. It is easy to
adapt and use with any other 8 bit microcontroller system.
- Single +5V operation
- 48 lines of I/O plus handshakes
- Useful for driving panel switches and indicators.
- DMA modes for high speed block data transfer between
STD bus system.
- Flexible interrupts structure.
- Inverting/none-inverting, active/open-collector
drivers can be installed.
- Pin out compatible with OPTO-22 I/O module racks.
- Easy interface and adapt to any 8bit
Microcontrollers (8051, PICs & Z80)
SB8466 Multi-Mode Parallel
interface card and Manual
Combine The Z-80 SBC
interface card, you will have a full embedded controlled
system, you can use it in any project you can think of, it
is only limit to your imagination! .